Thursday 24 October 2013

Race 8 Shrewsbury Park 19th October


Because I had an appointment at Shrewsbury for my ear at 10 35, I thought maybe I could get a parkrun at Shrewsbury at 9am. Janet Pugh came with me to do the run , it had a little nasty surprise of two hills to contend with (I still think Telford is the best.) Although it was cloudy it was quite humid however we did a time of 38.40.


Race 9 Birmingham Half Marathon 20th October
After fighting for a seat on the fully packed train, I got to New Street Station and joined the crowd of runners all chatting away with excitement for a nice little walk to the baggage hall, all marked out with numbers. 

The pink zone was the largest and while I was waiting for the warm up I looked down at my trainers and realised I had forgotten my chip so I had to do a hasty retreat back to my bag. One of the marshalls put my chip on for me and I hastily got back to the starting line,excitement was building up and away we went keeping a sharp eye for any dustbin bags etc on the floor.

By this time the sun was coming out and warming up very nicely so I was taking it steadily.
When I reached mile 5  I suddenly felt down with no energy so I got some sweeties down me and was soon on the go, weather was heating up but there were plenty of water stops which I took on board. When I reached mile 10 as you know I'll talk to anyone so while checking on a young lady runner I asked her if she was ok. No she said she was not **** ok. I asked her if she had an injury, no she said she **** hadn't, she was just fed up and didn't want to do anymore. I told her she couldn't just give up and there was only 2 and a bit miles and that I would stay with her and make sure she crossed the line. After a lot of bad language she made it and said thank you in the nicest possible way. In the last 3/4 mile it started to rain but this didn't bother me. It's not a easy course but I enjoyed the run, I had a nice chat to the mayor whoever he was.
Congratulations to all Wrekin road runners who finished the half marathon.


My time was 3:20.
9 down 61 to go.


Event 1      StraLugano 5K     28/09/2013
Event 2      StraLugano 10K   29/09/2013
Event 3      Bournemouth parkrun   39.48    05/10/2013
Event 4      Supersonic 10k (Bournemouth)   1:22:00    05/10/2013
Event 5      Speed of light 5k  (Bournemouth)    0:46:15   05/10/2013
Event 6      Telford parkrun  38:45 12/10/2013
Event 7      The Bells of Pattingham, Seven Miles 1:49:00 13/10/2013 
Event 8      Shresbury parkrun 38:40 19/10/2013
Event 9      Birmingham Half Marathon  3:20:37  20/10/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment